Technical Integration managers/Integration Project Manager
Posted Aug 11
DigiTech IS Ltd
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
This employer requests that only candidates in Netherlands apply to this job.
You appear to be located in United States, not Netherlands, so you will not be able to apply for this job.
This role is a key delivery position responsible for the Technology & Media Delivery implementation of Entertainment Products & Services across 12 EU countries.
This role is a key technical position in the Technology group that is responsible for the technology and service implementation of Products & Services across all Go To Market teams and therefore should ensure synergies in our overall delivery and operating model by working closely with peers within Technology and across the wider Technology & Innovation group.
This role is pivotal in bringing together services at the design activity level, including drawing in IT, Core, and other Technology groups such that we build a compelling and differentiated service across the entire customer journey, not just the core product functionality, with built-in quality, robustness and operational excellence instrumentation and operating model design.
This role must also focus on achieving wider Technology objectives around scale, cost efficiency, speed to market and quality.
Designs and implement of VIDEO Headend Architectures
Performs vendor selection, due diligence and research
Performs configurations and implementation of VIDEO HE environments
Perform integration of Media Playout/Media Streaming within the VIDEO HE to support VoD, StartOver, Re-Start and Network PVR functionalities:
Supports capacity and planning modelling against requirements
Works independently on assigned components as component owner with all Video and Media delivery systems vendors
Write and manage test cases towards test/release management
Actively participate and coordinate tests to verify new platform/component functionality
Assist affiliates in setting up operational procedures to run/implement new functionality
Provides knowledge transfer
Provides handover documentation
Education & Qualifications:
MSc degree level in a relevant area (network-, communications- or consumer electronics engineering)
Fluent spoken and written English
Knowledge & Experience:
Expert (2+ years) full understanding and working in an operational Video Headend networking and Media Streaming environment this includes:
Expert (2+ years) knowledge of Video HeadEnds ( Cable, Satellite, Terrestrial) and Streaming Media technologies (DVB technologies, DVB-Sx, DVB-Cx, DVB-Tx)
Expert (2+ years) knowledge of Audio and Video coding/decoding technologies
Expert (2+ years) modulation technologies ( QPSK, QAM, COFDM)
Experience and understanding of IP and broadcast networking as well as data center infrastructur
Technology - Technical Integration - Manager (T24)
Senior: Supervisory/advisory role; Highly specific skill set or technical training; Advanced educational credentials required; Greater prior experience in this role (5+ years)
Summary: Responsible for supporting the strategic delivery of Middleware solutions. Delivers integration solutions incorporating architectural/development guidelines, standards/principles, and which are on time and on budget.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree in IT or other technical studies; Oracle experience (eg, Oracle Application Server (Weblogic), Oracle SOA Suite (OSB, SOA), Oracle RDBMS); experience with Linux/Unix; continuous integration experience with Atlassian suite (Bamboo, JIRA, Confluence); experience managing Matrix organizations delivering IT implementations and involving multiple software application integrators
Skills and Competencies: Proven ability to review code (SOA, OSB, Java); experience in telecomm. IT solutions; application mgmt.; working knowledge of in debugging and analyses of complex issues within large scale integration platforms; experience working with design teams and contributing to overall service platform design in multiple customer environments; ability to coordinate and to work in project teams; ability to technically manage large scale projects including implementation/migration/
upgrades; communication skills; analytical capabilities
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participate in definition of project scope by assessing impact on timelines, effort, quality, cost and risks based on information from early stages of project life cycle (requirements analysis, solution design)
2. Identify program technical dependencies, manage cross-functional teams to drive, track and deliver all necessary IT components and data alignment to complete the delivery and testability of the E2E solution.
3. Create Middleware project plans with vendors from design to go-live incorporating time and resources needed and assembles these into a delivery roadmap
4. Contribute to functional designs and assure they are clear, consistent and complete and can be translated into viable technical solution conforming to architectural guidelines, standards, blueprints, etc.
5. Guide and monitor detailed technical designs from vendors to ensure solutions are provided as defined in high level and functional designs
6. Perform technical vendor management related to project: day-to-day management of vendor activities, review/QA of vendor deliverables
7. Coordinate and monitor software delivery from vendors assuring quality of deliverables
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 6 months